Lately, as I've been dealing with an injury myself I've encounter many other people dealing with injuries too! Lets get to the root of why we injure ourselves doing what we LOVE!
Here are the TOP 12 SOURCES OF SPORTS RELATED INJURIES:
- inappropriate or excessive training
- inadequate recovery periods from training or activity
- poor sporting technique (e.g. bowling technique, throwing technique)
- Speed-how fast you do the activity
- poor core stability
- muscle weakness
- poor flexibility
- joint stiffness (particularly the upper back or lower back)
- poor posture
- a lack of fitness or conditioning
- inadequate rehabilitation from a previous injury
Using the list above you can help to prevent a sport injury or prevent a current injury from recurring! Our bodies need us to watch out for our best interests and for us to provide rest, stretching, alignment, good technique, and muscle balance to continue doing what WE LOVE!!!
Questions about your injury? Please leave a reply in the comments below~Thank you, Ashley