-being out of your routine
-increased sitting- visiting and eating
There is something you can do about it! These exercises (from the 2 leading posture therapies in the world...The Egoscue Method & Foundation Training) will enhance your posture in less than 3 minutes!
Read my detailed break down of these 2 amazing exercises, and then give them a try! Your feedback is music to my ears so leave a comment below!
Oh and by the way here are some things you can expect from doing these two exercises:
-length in your spine and torso
-a feeling of ease being upright
-shoulders and head pulled back
-increase in energy
-decrease in tension
NOW READY? ...SET...GO!!!!!
1. stand with feet 4-6 " apart, 2nd toes pointed straight forward
2. make a golfer's grip with hands=fingers bent at 2nd knuckle, thumbs out( entire exercise)
3. pull shoulder blades down and together to keep shoulder down out of your ears (entire exercise)
4. raise arms to 90' angle( like a T) and circle from the shoulder forward 40 times( palms down), then 40 times backwards(palms up).
Dont worry about doing it wrong...post any questions in the comments below!
- retracts shoulders
-decreases forward head posture
Exercise #2-Supine Decompression( put a lot of tension in this exercise)
1. lay down on your back
2. flex feet, push big toes together, pull heels apart( entire exercise). You should feel your inner thigh muscles engage.
3. "Zip up" thighs from knees to hips -squeeze your inner thighs (entire exercise)
4. arm position #1 hands on lower rib cage. Use your hands to gently push ribcage up to lengthen spine on your inhale. Also on the inhale breath (BIG) including into the back side of your ribcage. No rib flaring! On your exhale maintain your length by pulling your abs in like a corset. Do 5 of these decompression breaths.
5. Arm position #2- finger tips of both hands pushing together like you are holding a ball in your hands-press finger tips together. elbows straight and reach arms above your head-extend as far as possible lengthening with each breath. 5 of these decompression breaths.
-decompression of spine and torso
-stretched out feeling
Q. or feedback on your experience? Please post in the comments below. YOU ARE AWESOME!